Total Pageviews

Monday 8 August 2011

Food, family and a Haddock Recipe

So I come from a family of amazing cooks.  My Mum makes the most wonderful cakes you will ever taste - people would kill for her Almond Cake.  My  Grandma's macaroons are famous throughout Hampshire.  My sister Annie makes a great lasagna. 

However, the real chef in our family is Auntie Mame.  She is like a modern day Mrs Dalloway - hostess with the mostess.  She always has a wonderful stocked larder and loves nothing more than a houseful of hungry people to feed (at least that is what we tell ourselves when we turn up on Christmas Eve and stay for a week every year).  She can turn a simple salad into something delish, produce a mean raspberry florentine and her brisket is melt in the mouth. 

Basically, this woman has flair.  We all aspire to be like her.  I keep telling myself that one day I'll grow up and be able to entertain like her.  Whether I can inherit her acerbic one liners as well remains to be seen..

My cousin LL (as in Cool J) has inherited this flair from her mother.  A group of the Events Massive went round to her flat on Saturday and were greeted with this lovely fish dish. 


Fishy fish fish
The recipe is here.  Not only yummy, it is healthy and it looks relatively easy to make. 

She swears by the BBC good food website, and quite frankly - anything she swears by is well worth a try. 

Rose x

No comments:

Post a Comment