Total Pageviews

Monday 8 August 2011

bareMinerals by Bare Escentuals

So as promised to Da Familia, I've been trialling mineral make up and promised them a review. 

I've been using bare escentuals kindly loaned by my sister Annie.  The coverage is good - very even and hides a multitude of sins.  The colour is easy to match to your skin as you can just put on as little or as much as you like.  It is extremely long lasting and even when I've been for 3 mile power walk and got a bit sweaty in 30 degree heat it has stayed put. 

The problem is though, it is a bit of a faff.  Compared to squirting some foundation onto my face it takes miles longer.  You are supposed to use loads of different brushes and if you are a bit clumsy you can easily knock it everywhere which is a problem because a) it is messy and b) it is not cheap. 

It also has a slight powdery look when you have finished, which makes me think of Aunt Alicia in the wonderful movie Gigi. 
Gigi (left) and Aunt Alicia
At my age, one should be endeavouring to look like one rather than the other. 

So am going to park the mineral make up and maybe try it again in the winter when my skin needs a bit more coverage.

Rose x


No comments:

Post a Comment