Total Pageviews

Thursday 22 March 2012

Rose's new toy

So it has happened - Mr Rose and I have sold our flat and moved in with Dr Gustav while we try and find 'Rose Towers'. 

It is Day 3 in the Big Gustav House and so far, so harmonious.  The house is a charming, Georgian house in leafy Highgate which is covered in his extensive china collection, books, paintings and other things necessary to be a North London Jew. 

Packing up our flat was a mighty task.  Both Mr Rose and I are hoarders.  I have so. much. makeup. and have sworn not to buy any for yonks.  Mr Rose likes to keep everything he has ever owned.  He obviously gets this from Dr Gustav - so far I've found not one, not two, but three old dead irons that no longer work.  One of them is brown so it must be an antique!  

But he has made us very welcome and one of the best things about the house is a lovely roof terrace which is My Next Project.  I'm thinking all white flowers this summer - so elegant!  Normally I go for the Parisian look of all red geraniums, but I think now I'm in my 30s it might be time to go subtle.  Watch this space. 

Now I've been meaning to tell you for a while about my New Toy.  I've blogged before about the wonderful Babyliss Big Hair which quickly turns boring hair into a glossy K-Middy style blowdry, in the comfort of your own home.  I love it dearly. 

Then I investigated other Babyliss hair products.  And I have found the holy grail of hair stylers.  The Babyliss Waving wand is so easy to use, so lovely and so quick that I am tempted to use it every day.  It gives you that carefree wavy look you can imagine Kate Hudson works so hard to get on the red carpet. It also adds tonnes of volume which is always a good thing. 

Here is my hair with it done.  Every time I do it I get tonnes of hair compliments, it is something of a crowd pleaser.




So if you have long hair, get yourself one pronto!   And if anyone wants an iron from 1976 in a lovely shade of brown, do let me know  ;-)
Rose
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment