Total Pageviews

Saturday 3 March 2012

Glow like a 21 year old

I don't see my baby sister Izzy as much as I would like. She is hundreds of miles away in Newcastle doing her finals (best of luck kiddo!).  I'm in London working too hard and trying to move house. But I'll see her in a few weeks when I'm going to give her a massive hug and occasionally stare at her a bit. 


The reason I stare is because I'm fascinated in the differences between my skin and hers. I'm only 9 years older than her, but our skins look different. Even though we have similar eyes, face shape and colouring she has something I have lost along the way that I'd love to get back - a glow. 

I don't mind about the odd wrinkle setting in but losing that light reflecting glow that makes your skin look luminescent is pants and I've spent a lot of time and money trying to get it back with skincare, but you can't turn back the clock you can only pretend with make up! 

I used to use a Bobbi Brown shimmer block which comes in a huge variety of colours 

But recently I've looked closely at my skin and it doesn't sit as well as it used to, it makes the wrinkles look more pronounced so I've relegated it to eyeshadow which it does brilliantly and is very long lasting. 

I heard about Jemma Kidd's dewy iced gold radiance cream from one of Tanya Burr's make up tutorials and can report it is soooooo easy to use, it has a lovely creamy texture and you just slap it on wherever you want light bouncing off your face. I'd recommend staring at a 21year old to see where it needs to go - I use it on cheekbones, just under my eyebrows but also tiny bit on top of cupid's bow on the lips and tiny bit on bridge of nose. 

It doesn't stay on for a whole day at work so I carry it with me for touch ups. Can't let the glow fade! 

For a night out where I want the glow to be really pronounced, so I use Barry M Dazzle Dust which costs a couple of quid in Superdrug. The colour that suits me the best is Gold Iridescent no 27.  I either add a touch of it to loose powder for all over glow, or with a small blusher brush to the apples of my cheeks. 

Rose xx 

No comments:

Post a Comment