Total Pageviews

Thursday 19 July 2012

All that glitters is golden

So this time of year I'm normally looking my best.  I have colouring which suits sunshine, I've always tanned well and my hair goes naturally blonde in the sun.  I'm sorry if that sounds a bit smug but its true.  If its any consolation I still have a bottom the size of China, and by January I've gone a sort of yellowy grey colour from lack of sunlight.

As you may have noticed if you live in the UK, we are suffering the worst summer in YONKS.  It feels like it has rained every day since March and there is no sign of the jet stream moving.

I saw Aunty Mame last night for a terrific night at the Proms.  I said that I'd heard that the jet stream was due to move next week and she replied that "its just a rumour the BBC are putting out to stop everyone committing suicide.  Its not true."   :-(

No only is the lack of sun making me miserable it is making my beauty regime more extensive.  By now I normally have a tan, naturally blonde hair and my skin looks so good from Vitamin D then I don't have to wear foundation. 

However, this year my summer is proving to be a bit more reliant on beauty products so here are a few of my faves. 

First up is St Tropez Gradual Tan, available in light to medium or medium to dark.  This is essentially posh 'Johnson's Holiday Skin' - everyone remembers that right?   I love it because it moisturises your skin, doesn't smell so you can pop it on in the morning when you get out the wrong side of bed, and it doesn't streak. 



Top tip - there is a body one and a face one.  This is St Tropez trying to fleece you - just buy the body one and use it on your face. 

I use it about every 5 days to keep myself from looking like this: 



And a bit more like this (in colouring terms only!!!!):



Secondly I'm having to get my hair dyed more frequently, lest my natural mousey brown shine through.  I'm also trying to grow it for Cousin LL's upcoming wedding which means I can't keep chopping the ends off.  Both of these things mean it isn't in great condition and getting a brush through it is getting harder. 

My lovely hairdresser recommended this stuff and I AM HOOKED.  It is a divine oil which doesn't make your hair greasy it just makes it lovely.  Shiny, soft and in better condition.



You can use it as a mask, put it on before blow drying or put it on when hair is dry to style it.
Its available here for currently 25% off so get in quick as it isn't cheap. 

Rose
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment